Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Always Remember Him


For the past two weeks, we have been studying ordinances and covenants as part of the proclamation to the family class I am taking. 

Its been wonderful to ponder the sacrament at remember the times in my life that the sacrament has made a difference.  This is the ordinance that I held onto when I was extremely ill.  It gave me peace, and reminded me to always remember him, and he will give me his spirit to be with me.  This is what got me through week to week, knowing I could relay on his help and his atonement.

I’m grateful for the atonement and the sacrifice our savior went through for us.  He died to set us free, that we may again return to our Heavenly Father.  He also took all our sins, and the sins of others, that have offended us, are already taken.  I don’t have to forgive my friend who offended me, because the sin is gone already, Christ has it.  And I can forgive Christ for all he has done, that is easy. 

He has taken our pains, trials, and afflictions.  He knows how we are feeling, and has experienced that pain and loss.  I only need to remember I’ve already given it to him, and he has taken it.  I can let those pains go, and continue on with my life.

The miracles of the atonement is amazing to me, I’ve learned so much this past year or so, and I had to share the wonderful news. 

We can always remember him, and he will bring us peace through his atonement and the ordinance of the sacrament.

No comments:

Post a Comment