Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ordnances and Covenants - With His Help, I Can Do It




“Ordnances and covenants become our credentials for admission into His presence.  To worthily receive them is the quest of a lifetime; to keep them thereafter is the challenge of mortality.” (President Boyd K Packer, Covenants, Ensign, May 1987)

“I was always impressed when President Joseph Fielding Smith was asked to pray.  Invariably, he would make a reference to the principles and ordinances of the gospel and would always include this expression: ‘May we remain faithful to our covenants and obligations’”-(President Boyd K Packer, Ordinances, BYU Speeches, 3 Feb 1980)

These two quotes, have helped change my perspective on covenants and ordinances. 
I know, for myself, keeping all my covenants can be difficult at times.  Knowing it’s a challenge for others too makes me not feel so bad. I’m not allow trying to maintain my promises, and this is a test of mortality.  The other quote has helped me to realize I’m not alone in my quest.  I can also ask the Lord for help.  Adding this small line to my prayers has helped me to feel I don’t have to completely carry that burden.  I can pass it to the Lord, and with his help, I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment