Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Creation of the Characteristics of Christ



·         What does the scriptural account of the creation reveal about the nature and character of Jesus Christ?
·   
Scriptural Reference and Quote #1:
“While visiting the British Museum in London one day, I read a most unusual book. It is not scripture. It is an English translation of an ancient Egyptian manuscript. From it, I quote a dialogue between the Father and the Son. Referring to His Father, Jehovah—the premortal Lord—says:
He took the clay from the hand of the angel, and made Adam according to Our image and likeness, and He left him lying for forty days and forty nights without putting breath into him. And He heaved sighs over him daily, saying, ‘If I put breath into this [man], he must suffer many pains.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be an advocate for him.’ And My Father said unto Me, ‘If I put breath into him, My beloved Son, Thou wilt be obliged to go down into the world, and to suffer many pains for him before Thou shalt have redeemed him, and made him to come back to his primal state.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be his advocate, and I will go down into the world, and will fulfil Thy command.’” – Russell M Nelson, April 2000, The Creation
Explanation:
Although this is not scripture, Russell M Nelson shows the characteristic of Christ as being self-sacrificing as he was willing to volunteer himself as our advocate and experience much pain.

Scriptural Reference and Quote #2:
“And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten.” – Moses 1:33
Explanation
The Characteristics of Christ in the scripture is intelligent, wise, and knowledgeable.  He under the direction of with father was able to create worlds without number. 
He is also not ready to reveal all things to us at this time as we are not ready or able to     handle all of his knowledge and purposes at this time.

Scriptural Reference and Quote #3:
“And the Gods said: We will bless them.  . .” -  Abraham 4:28
Explanation
In this brief sentence, we are able to see a number of things.  One is that Christ is kind and considerate, he wants to bless us and is there to help us out.  He loves us and want to help us in any way possible
The other thing this scripture reveals to me is that Christ doesn’t work alone.  It says “Gods”, meaning they worked together, and it took more than one person to create the world.  

Scriptural Reference and Quote #4:
“And I, God, blessed them, and said unto them: Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And I, God, said unto man: Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in the which shall be the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein I grant life, there shall be given every clean herb for meat; and it was so, even as I spake.” – Moses 2:28-30
Explanation
The characteristic I saw from these verses was that he looks out for us and provides for our needs.  He truly wants to look out for us, and prepared the world to help take care of our needs physically.  He provides food, shelter, and clothing for us, as well as all our other needs.

Scriptural Reference and Quote #5:
“And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease.” – Moses1:4
Explanation
This last verse shows that Christ works and words are without end.  They are infinite and never ending.  What he says will take place, and what he does has no ending.  It is hard for our mortal minds to understand this concept but it is something that is mentioned in the scriptures many times.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment