Saturday, April 30, 2016

He Will Place You on His Shoulders and Carry You Home


President Dieter F Uchtdorf did a great job on this talk, and it is my favourite so far.  I think its because I found this talk gives me hope.

“It matters not how completely ruined our lives may seem. It matters not how scarlet our sins, how deep our bitterness, how lonely, abandoned, or broken our hearts may be. Even those who are without hope, who live in despair, who have betrayed trust, surrendered their integrity, or turned away from God can be rebuilt …there is no life so shattered that it cannot be restored.’   I find these words very powerful.  They comfort me.  No matter what I have done in the past, I can turn around and do better in the future.   No matter how deep in despair I feel, he will help me out.  No matter how hurt or betrayed I am feeling, he has been there, and will help me rebuild those relationships.  No matter what, things can change for the better.

“He knows when you are lost, and He knows where you are. He knows your grief. Your silent pleadings. Your fears. Your tears.  It matters not how you became lost—whether because of your own poor choices or because of circumstances beyond your control.  What matters is that you are His child. And He loves you. He loves His children.”  These are again more powerful words of hope for me.  Hope that will to comfort fears.  Hope to conquer all grief.  Hope restored through prayer.  Hope that no matter the circumstances that we are still loved by him. 

“So what must we do?  His invitation is simple: Turn … to me. Come unto me. Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you. This is how we show Him that we want to be rescued. It requires a little faith. But do not despair. If you cannot muster faith right now, begin with hope.  If you cannot say you know God is there, you can hope that He is. You can desire to believe. That is enough to start.  Then, acting on that hope, reach out to Heavenly Father. God will extend His love toward you, and His work of rescue and transformation will begin. Over time, you will recognize His hand in your life. You will feel His love. And the desire to walk in His light and follow His way will grow with every step of faith you take.”  These words are all about the hope we can receive through God.  It gives us the steps to take.  To have a hope that he is there, and as you reach out to the Father, he will reach back for you.  There is comfort in knowing that this is a guaranteed process.  With a desire to have heavens help, he will be there for you.  He will comfort you, and help bring about a transformation.  This will allow us to see his hand in our lives, and begin to feel his love. 

The things I desire most are feelings of love, hope and peace, and with these words I have been given these feelings.  I wish all would reach out and feel his love too, and understand the feelings of hope and happiness it brings to our lives. 

My action is to give process a chance.  To reach out for Heavenly father, and trust in him to bring my continued feelings of hope, and love I need, and so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment