Friday, April 22, 2016

The Greatest Leaders are the Greatest Followers



The Greatest Leaders are the Greatest Followers
Brother Stephan W Owen


He spoke at the priesthood section of conference and said a few things that really hit me.   I made it a personal goal to share what I’m learning and create an action or how I will apply this learning to my life.

I learned from Brother Owen, when he talked about how Christ was the perfect leader, and also a perfect follower.  As a leader, Christ was the perfect example to follow, he showed us how to live and how to return to our Heavenly Fathers presence again.  As a follower, he was a perfect example on how to follow his father in all the commandments he was given.  This is something I had never considered before.  I saw Christ as a leader, a good example, but I had never considered him a follower before, but it makes perfect sense, that he followed his father’s teachings and commandments perfectly.

The next thing that really struck me as important that I had never considered was if I was to follow the savior example, and bring others to the church I am a leading other people to the gospel, and also following Christs teaching.  I become both a leader and a follower.  I had never considered being both at the same time, by doing only one thing, sharing the gospel or leading others by my example of following his teaching, and commandments.

As I plan of action or how I would apply this talk into my life would be to renew my commitment to Christ.  I will begin by praying and reading my scriptures daily, and feeling that peace from having the Lord in my life.  I will commit to becoming a greater follower of Christ, following the basics, to have the spirit with me, so that I may be an example to my children and husband, and lead them to the gospel someday.

References:  

No comments:

Post a Comment