Friday, October 17, 2014

Women with an Issue of Blood

Her Story (My Narrative and Pondering)
A women had an "issue of blood" for 12 years. She had seen many physicians and spent much money seeking for a cure.  But nothing worked.  She came up behind Jesus while he was walking with the multitude and touched the hem of his garment.  Immediately she felt the blood dry up in her body that she was healed   She had enough faith that if she even just touched his clothes, she would be healed.  I had heard somewhere, and I'm not sure its true, but an issue of blood would have been women's monthly issues and at that time a bleeding women was not allowed to cook, or be with her family.  She was separated.  
If this is the case, can you imagine what she went through in her life for those 12 years?  

Jesus then asked, Who had touched my clothes?  And his disciples replied your walking in a multitude and you ask who touched you?  The women fear and trembling, knowing what she had done, fell down at Jesus feet and told him it was her, And Jesus then turned around looked at her.  He said, for her to be comforted, that her faith had healed her. .  What hope did this women have for the quality of her remaining life if Jesus did not heal her?  Her faith was so strong she knew that touching him would heal her.  But she must have also felt embarrassed or not worthy (or against the rules while bleeding) to talk to him.  She just wanted close enough to be healed and then disappear back into the crowd.  Do I ever feel that way?  No worthy, or good enough?

Scriptures Used
Matthew 9:20-22
Mark 5:25-34
Bible Video

What I Learned
The faith of this women was amazing.  She truly knew that one touch, one moment would change her life with no doubt.  But it was to be a small discreet touch of his hem.  No attention drawn to her.  I wonder if I too could have that kind of faith?  What will I change in my life now, so I can have that faith I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment