Thursday, October 16, 2014

Simon Peters Mother-in-Law

Her Story (My Narrative and Pondering)
Jesus came to Peter's house and his mother-in-law was sick with a fever.  Jesus touched her hand and she arose healed and served those in the house.  If I'm sick I would feel panic to have people come into my home.  What did she feel?  Did it feel like an honor for her to be healed by Jesus?  What better way can she express her gratitude then to serve him who healed her?

Scriptures Used
Matthew 8:14-15
Mark 1:30-31

What I Learned
I spent quite some time pondering what I might learn from this story.  I think it was the gratitude and service that really hit me first.  She had no other way to show how much she appreciated Christ coming to her that she got up and served him.  

But then I started thinking it was interesting that Jesus came to her.  He took that moment for her.  I'm sure he knew Peter's mother-in-law was sic.   She must of felt his love as he took a moment from all his other earthly and spiritual duties to come to her, take her by the had and raise her up.

Picture From
http://www2.tamuct.edu/thron/page/lu4_38.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment