Friday, July 22, 2016

Learn something new each day.



In D&C 10:67-68  it says we are to only teach repentance and to come onto Christ and if we declare more or less then we are not of his church. 
 “Behold, this is my doctrine-whosoever repent and cometh unto me, the same is my church.  Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me, therefore he is not of my church.”

I’ve been studying the “Family Proclamation to the World” as part of my Pathway program.  It has just occurred to me that even teaching the proclamation is instruction for us to come unto him, and to understand his doctrines and expectations on the family. 

Everything taught in sacrament or church meetings teach us to come onto him and how to understand his teachings.  I find this interesting as I had never coincided this before.  How many years have I been attending church?  You think I would have but this together years ago.

I guess we all learn new things each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment