Friday, April 29, 2016

Fathers (Conference Talk)




Elder D Todd Christofferson

My posts are usually longer, and more detailed, but today has been one of those days.  I made a commitment to blog daily about the different conference talks and a plan of action I can do from the stuff I learned.   Today I got it done, but I’m tired, and shorter on the word count.

I enjoyed his talk on fathers, and many of the things he spoke about I agreed with or already knew.  There was only one part of his talk that hit me.   It was when he talked about teaching our children. 

“You have not taught your children light and truth, according to the commandments, and that wicked one hath over, as yet, over you, and this is the cause of your affliction.”  This particular quote hit me the hardest.  I know I’m not teaching my children, but how can I teach them without offending my non-member husband.  Is that just an excuse?   I know what I need to do, have a gospel centered home.  Including a family prayer might be a good start.

I commit to discussing with my husband the possibility of a daily family prayer.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to do this is greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment